Saturday, March 10, 2007

Video Killed The Radio Star

That song by Buggles makes me feel sad, makes me want for the days when I was 11 or 12 - my age when it came out. It invokes memories of a carefree childhood, without the hassles that present day life throws at you. What bollocks eh! Childhood was hard, Denbigh was a bully's paradise and everyone and anyone was a target. We had no money, we wore 2nd hand clothes, and yet I hear that song and I yearn for those days - maybe its a mortality thing, because everytime you wake up it's the anniversary of being a day closer to your death...
I stumbled across The Buggles on YouTube, playing that song live in 2004 - and yes it induces vasodilation and releases endorphins, but I was also taken aback by the actual performance, which was pretty phenomenal, unless I'm watching it through the huge tinted spectacles the singer is wearing.
Anyway, judge for yourself - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laZw3Y3JCJ8

I've been hoisting myself back into editing videos, having being dealt a hefty blow last year, which quite literally turned my whole life upside down. Just finshed a Sons of Selina video that was recorded in 1998 - these are not high budget affairs (actually, they're no budget) and take a couple of hours to complete - The Alarm stuff I did last year would take anything up to a week a song sometimes! - But with these vids it offers a medium for bands to get their stuff seen, and I'm more than happy to get stuck into doing vids for bands - so please get in touch.
The Sons of Selina lyrics to 'Climb' perhaps befit the way I've felt perfectly.
Take a look and have a listen...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEYJIi62wc

No comments: